Adult Services provides a variety of services and supports to eligible adults in Franklin County. To be eligible for FCBDD Adult Services an individual must live in Franklin County, be 16 years of age or older, and have substantial functional limitations resulting from a developmental disability. A developmental disability:
- Is attributable to a mental or physical impairment or a combination of mental or physical impairments, other than a mental or physical impairment solely caused by mental illness.
- Is likely to continue indefinitely.
- In the case of a person age six or older, results in a substantial functional limitation in at least three of the following areas of major life activity, as appropriate for his/her age: Self-care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self-direction, capacity for independent living, and, if the person is age 16 or older and not in a special education program, capacity for economic self-sufficiency.
- Causes the person to need a combination and sequence of special interdisciplinary, or other type of care, treatment or provision of services for an extended period of time that is individually planned and coordinated for the person.
If you are not sure if you’re eligible for FCBDD services or would like more information about eligibility, please check with the Intake Department: 614-342-5490.
Once you’re eligible for Franklin County Board services and chose FCBDD Adult Services as your provider, one of our Enrollment Specialists will contact you to begin the “Discovery” process. We call it Discovery because we’ll be discovering what’s important to you, what you want to do with your life, what you need to be successful, and more. Our Enrollment Specialists will help you create an individualized, person-centered plan, develop a vocational profile and help you find your place, plan your days, and start your journey.
Here’s what you can expect when you meet with your Enrollment Specialist:
- You’ll talk about who you are, what you like, and your past experiences
- You’ll discuss your interests and what’s important to you
- You may visit different work places to get a feel for the environment, the work itself, and the people who are employed there