The mission of the Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities is to provide programs, services and supports to eligible children, adults and their families so individuals with developmental disabilities can live, work, learn and participate in the community.
The mission of ARC Industries is to support and empower persons with disabilities to achieve their life goals.
The vision of the Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities is as follows:
- Eligible persons with developmental disabilities will live, work, learn and participate in the community, to the extent of their abilities, in a safe and healthy manner.
- The Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities will be a well-managed, financially responsible, and stable public organization providing cost-effective, quality services in partnership with families through a committed and respected staff.
- The Franklin County community will be well informed about developmental disabilities, including causes and preventive measures, and will be accepting of individuals who have developmental disabilities.
The Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities believes that individuals who have developmental disabilities and their families have:
- The same basic rights and responsibilities as other citizens of the community.
- The right to develop their abilities to the fullest extent possible and to be involved in determining the supports and services needed.
- The right to be informed of services available in a manner which provides maximum understanding, as well as the right to refuse programs or services.
- The right to participate in the community.
- The right to take reasonable risks.
- The right to be protected from exploitation, abuse and degrading treatment.
- The right to be treated with dignity and respect.
The Bill of Rights for Persons with a Developmental Disability guides services for the individuals we support.